I love this recipe from Fay Ripleys family food cook book this can be bought on amazon ( which is where I got my copy from ) or similar book shop / website . I will give you the exact recipe from the book but in fact I alter it a bit sometimes and don't use the yoghurt and have also been known to use curry powder or korma paste so basically curried chicken and just use enough to coat the chicken have also done it without the onion as well and it tastes just as nice  , I also buy a pack of casserole chicken from sainsburys approx £4.49 and this has 2 big quarters , about 4 thighs and 4 drumsticks more than enough for us with some left overs , I usually serve with corn on the cob & potato wedges. I will also say I usually leave the skin on and hardly ever marinade over night I never thinkl that Far ahead !

All you need is:
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons tandoori paste
250g Greek yoghurt
6 (organic) chicken thighs, skin taken off
All you do is:
1. In a large bowl, mix the onion, paste and yogurt.
2. Add the chicken and mix to coat. Pop into the fridge overnight if possible, or for at least three hours.
3. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and cook at 200C (fan), 220C, gas mark 7 for 40 minutes.


I do cook mine a bit longer as we like ours well cooked  & crispy plus you have to be especially careful with chicken. Both my kids love this and so do the family members we have cooked this for.


Enjoy


Z x

0 comments:

Post a Comment